#belowheader-wrapper {width:590px;margin:0 auto 10px;overflow: hidden;}

I’m not going out like this’: Fearless Fla. woman fights back, wounds home invasion suspect with his own gun


Stumble Upon Toolbar





When three people invaded Teresa Martin’s Tampa home over the weekend, her adrenaline took over.
Now one of them is in the hospital, wounded by his own gun, and the other two are in jail.
Leonard Denard Porter, 34, allegedly broke into Martin’s home at around 2 a.m. Saturday, Bay News 9 reported.
He was accompanied by Johnny Acevedo Jr., 31, and Audra Steadman, 30, cops said.
Porter went to the bedroom where Martin was sleeping and demanded money at gunpoint, but she told him she had none.
"I said, 'you're going to have to kill me because I don't have anything," she recalled.
But when Porter called her bluff and attacked her, "I said, 'I'm not going out like this,'" she told Bay News 9. "I'm 50-years-old and I'm not going out like this.”
The two struggled. “I just started fighting back, and I don't know if I hit him or kicked him the right way, [but]the gun went off and caught him in the head.”
Porter slumped to the floor, critically injured.

Martin said she had never seen Porter before, but she knows Acevedo and he knew she had recently received a check, according to Bay News 9.
Porter is recovering from his injuries at a Tampa Hospital. Acevedo and Steadman are being held on charges of home invasion robbery, robbery of less than $300 and armed burglary with assault and battery, according to the Tampa Bay Times.


0 comments:

Post Comments

News/Video

ads

extremetracking

eXTReMe Tracker

Counter

ads

Translate

Top Articles & World News

sitemap

Free Sitemap Generator
 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com