#belowheader-wrapper {width:590px;margin:0 auto 10px;overflow: hidden;}

Jennifer Lawrence Acting is stupid'


Stumble Upon Toolbar





She may be a virtual lock for an Academy Award nomination, but Jennifer Lawrence says acting “is stupid."
"Everybody's like, 'How can you remain with a level head?' And I'm like, 'Why would I ever get cocky?” the 22-year-old actress asked Vanity Fair. “I'm not saving anybody's life. There are doctors who save lives and firemen who run into burning buildings. I'm making movies. It's stupid.'"
It’s also a completely surreal profession, says the Kentucky native who was discovered as a 14-year-old tourist by a model scout in Manhattan’s Union Square. Sure the money is great after crashing the A-list with last year’s “The Hunger Games” — to which she’s currently shooting a sequel, “Catching Fire” — but there is a price to all those millions.
I call my mom sobbing all the time … dealing with the repercussions of having no more anonymity. You lose privacy," Lawrence says in the cover story for the magazine’s February issue. "As much as this is a curse, as stupid as it sounds, to make as much money as I am by doing something that I love, it's hard not to regret it when you're being chased by 15 strangers."
Lawrence says she’s still cowed by meeting her Hollywood peers.
“One time someone was introducing me to Bill Maher, and I saw Meryl Streep walk into the room, and I literally put my hand right in Bill Maher's face and said, 'Not now, Bill!,' and I just stared at Meryl Streep," Lawrence told Vanity Fair. “I just creepily stared at her.”
There are plenty of perks, however, like the intense physical training she endured to play Katniss in “The Hunger Games” that turned her into a real life action hero of sorts.
(Lawrence told The News last March she estimates she fired some 1,500 arrows during training.)
She was ready to put those skills to one day when she parked in her garage and heard strange male voices coming from her home, she told Vanity Fair.
Fetching her bow and quiver from the trunk, “I had my bow and I loaded it and I'm walking up the stairs. And I look, and my patio doors were open, and there were guys working right there, and I was like, 'Heyyy, how you doin'?'
"(My friends) were like, 'We've got to stage someone to break into your house and you can kill them!' That would be the funniest news ever. Katniss Everdeen actually kills someone with a bow and arrow!"

0 comments:

Post Comments

News/Video

ads

extremetracking

eXTReMe Tracker

Counter

ads

Translate

Top Articles & World News

sitemap

Free Sitemap Generator
 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com