#belowheader-wrapper {width:590px;margin:0 auto 10px;overflow: hidden;}

Hillary Clinton released from hospital with Bill at her side after being treated for blood clot near her brain, after day of mystery surrounding her status

Stumble Upon Toolbar

Hillary Clinton released from hospital, leaves with former President Bill Clinton

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was released from a Manhattan hospital Wednesday evening after doctors said she was making “good progress” in her recovery from a blood clot near her brain.
Clinton, 65, left New York-Presbyterian Hospital Columbia at about 6:30 p.m., accompanied by her husband, former President Bill Clinton, and a security detail.
She appeared pale and stoic with her hair pulled back and a gray scarf around her neck as she headed to her Westchester County home in the back seat of a black van — one of three in her motorcade.
“Her medical team advised her that she is making good progress on all fronts, and they are confident she will make a full recovery,” said Philippe Reines, Clinton’s deputy assistant secretary of state.
Reines said Clinton appreciated the “excellent care” she received from the doctors, nurses and staff at the hospital.
“She’s eager to get back to the office,” said Reines, who did not elaborate on Clinton’s schedule.
Earlier Wednesday, Clinton emerged from a hospital side entrance in a van, only to reenter a different part of the same facility just 20 minutes later. Bill Clinton, sporting a smile, and daughter Chelsea, holding her mom’s hand, were spotted exiting with her and a security detail.
Both the hospital and the State Department declined comment on the member’s strange and short trip. The Associated Press reported she was simply moved from one part of the large facility to another.
Clinton was admitted Sunday with the potentially dangerous blood clot, with her nervous family keeping a vigil at the hospital.
State Department officials said she remained in contact with staffers in Washington while recovering from her health woes.
“She’s been quite active on the phone with all of us,” said State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland, declining to provide any update on her condition.
Clinton was treated with blood thinners to help dissolve the clot, doctors said. An MRI revealed the problem after Clinton suffered a concussion in a fall last month.
The clot was located in a vein behind her right ear that runs between the brain and skull. Doctors said there was no neurological damage.
Doctors previously said Clinton would leave the hospital once the proper dosage of blood thinners was in place.
Clinton, who was already planning to step down from her position as Secretary of State later this month, is among likely Democratic hopefuls for president in 2016. President Obama has nominated Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) to succeed her as Secretary of State.
The one-time New York senator’s last official public appearance was Dec. 7 in Belfast before her unexpected rash of health woes.
She was battling a stomach virus when she became woozy and took a tumble in her Washington home, forcing her to curtail her typically hectic schedule.
If not found and treated, the rare type of clot was possibly life-threatening, according to medical experts.
The illness forced Clinton to cancel her scheduled appearance before Congress about the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya.
U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans died in the attack on the 11th anniversary of the 2001 terrorist attacks in lower Manhattan and Washington.
Clinton was treated in 1998 for a clot behind her right knee while her husband was still in the White House.
Before her admission to New York-Presbyterian, she was easing her way back into work with phone calls to her counterparts in Syria and paperwork delivered to her hospital room.


Post Comments




eXTReMe Tracker



Top Articles & World News


Free Sitemap Generator

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com